Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Art in the Metro

I have a RUT (Chilean "social security number") and, as of today, the great Santiago apartment hunt has begun in earnest, focused in the neighborhoods of Providencia and Las Condes. I am hoping that once I have a bank account and a place to live this vague feeling of being overwhelmned will pass.

Today's picture of the day is one of the various art installations in some of the Santiago metro stations. You will be walked through the utilitarian metro system of a big city and turn a corner and there will be a mural or sculpture. This one is at the green line (linea 5) platform at the Baquedano metro station. I only noticed it a few days ago and decided it needed to be featured once I could get a picture.


A statue of a man, walking around two tree trunks seperated by about 15 cm over center of the metro's train tracks. As for what it means, discuss amongst yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment