Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Viña del Mar - Take 1

My mother and sister came to visit for a week and in the interest getting out of Santiago for a few days we headed to Viña del Mar and Valparaiso on the coast. Getting there sin l'auto is reasonably straight fowards, just catch one of the buses that runs about every 10 minutes from the Parajitos to the main station in Viña, the cost is about 4000 CLP (~8 USD) each way and takes about 80-90 minutes. It is a nice reminder of how close Santiago really is to the Pacific Ocean.

Just before the river meets the Pacific, near sunset.

Rocks in Viña with the skyline of Reñaca behind.



Having never been to Greece, I can't say this form personal experience, but something about this reminded me of the pictures I've seen of the Greek Isles.





1 comment:

  1. I hope you had a great time with your Mom and sister! The blue and white combination with a rocky background is similar to what you see in Greece.

    ReplyDelete