Last night I went to my first concert in Chile, the Chilean Symphonic Orchestra playing various classical pieces, and dinner and drinks afterward. I left dinner early in order to make a hasty dash for what I am 90% certain was the last Linea 1 train back to Las Condes from the city center. I was home by 23:30. To everyone in DC who has complained about the metro closing at 02:30 on the weekends, having the last train leave at 23:15 is an entirely different experience.
It was strange to be in the almost deserted station when above ground the night in Lastarria was just getting started. Eventually I will learn enough Spanish to take a cab home, but right now I wouldn't trust my ability to tell the driver where to go or where to stop, so tied to the metro I shall be.
 |
The other (almost deserted) platform at the Catolica metro stop.
This is the first time I've ever seen a Santiago metro station this
empty! |
No comments:
Post a Comment